Since going (mostly) Paleo in October 2012, I’ve been experimenting with eggs. Eggs are a central part of my diet. I eat 2-3 every morning. I make omelettes, frittatas, french style scrambled eggs, country style scrambles, fried eggs, sunny side-up, shakshouka (or at least a variation of my own), and everything else I can think of with these incredible edible eggs.
Recently, I decided to try out a few spicy fried egg dishes and came up with one of my favorite breakfasts: Spicy, sriracha laced fried eggs covered in melted cheese. It’s dynamite.
Here’s how to make it:
- 3 eggs (cage free and organic, preferably)
- Cheese (your choice, I’ve experimented with smoked gouda and cheddars)
- Seasoning Salt (I like Chef Paul’s Magic Seasoning, or Tony Chachere’s)
- Cajun Seasoning (most have too much salt, use my recipe)
- Sriracha (the finest hot sauce ever created)
- Fat (Butter, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Beef Fat, Bacon Fat…your choice)
- Place an over safe pan on high heat. Preheat the broiler.
- Put fat into an oven safe pan on high heat. When pan is coated, reduce heat to low-medium.
- Crack 3 eggs into the pan.
- Season the eggs with seasoning salt and cajun spice.
- Drizzle sriracha liberally.
- Cover with cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly and slightly browning.
- Remove from the broiler and serve immediately.